Did you know that lives will hear the Gospel message because of your efforts to pack a Christmas shoebox? Host a packing party and begin to pray for miracles to take place.
Here are five tips:
1. Host a separate collection drive for the items to place inside the shoebox. Many businesses will welcome a box where items can be dropped off for donation. Simply place a list of the “Top 10 items needed for Christmas Shoebox Drive” above the box.
2. Divide and conquer by having small groups of people focus on specific items to collect.
3. Find hidden treasures at home—belts that your children have outgrown; extra pairs of sunglasses; solar powered calculators and watches are wonderful gifts.
4. Buy bundles and quantities. When you purchase a pack of face towels, toothbrushes, or bars of soap, they can help fill many shoeboxes.
5. One week before the packing party, meet and take a group photo. Have one photo printed for each shoebox. Your photo will be cherished!
No matter where you host your packing party, I’m sure it will be a memory not soon forgotten.